Monday, November 28, 2011

Would God Still Love Me If...

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about the choices I make and they may be perceived by my peers, parents, and by God. It seems as if everything I do with my peers, my parents somehow are able to incorporate it with my relationship with God. When they do this it causes me to think if I am now a "bad person" because of my decisions. I was never the type to act "super-saved" or to constantly "walk in the spirit"because I'm not perfect...Hell, no one is. I don't act that way, but I feel as though some believe that I should.

I have been crucified for the way I think, what I believe and the reasons why, how I express myself (physically and verbally) and these judgements force me think is God judging me this hard? If so, does He think that I am actually a bad person? I may make some poor choices or make some controversial decisions but does that change who I am as a person? For example: If I got a tattoo and clearly in the Bible it states, "Do you not know that your body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are no your own. (Corinthians 6:19), does that change my heart and my willingness to do good? I don't think it does but there are others who go on a crusade to prove that it does.

It is very easy to say, "Never worry about what others have to say or think". It is not as easy when it is time to apply that statement to a real life situation. As much as we hate to admit it, other people's opinions do weigh heavy on us at times. In my situation, it more so if this person is thinking this about me, could God possibly be thinking the same or worse?!

To sum this up, I know that God is a God of unconditional love and forgiveness, but I can't help to wonder... Would God still love me if...?

No comments:

Post a Comment